The Alberta Environmental Enforcement Historical Search is a valuable source of information for anyone involved in:
- an environmental assessment or audit
- the purchase, sale, development or financing of land with potential environmental concerns
- a due diligence investigation respecting the purchase, sale or financing of a business with potential environmental concerns
- an environmental regulatory hearing
- the defense of an environmental prosecution
- research on environmental law enforcement
Requests are processed through the Alberta Environmental Law Centre who will search their database for the environmental enforcement history of a company or individual, specifically reviewing enforcement action taken by the Environmental Regulatory Service of Alberta Environment under the Alberta Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, and its predecessor legislation, the Hazardous Chemicals Act, Agriculture Chemicals Act, Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act to 1971 and/or pursuant to the Water Act from 1999 onwards.
Information such as company/individual name, date of enforcement action, type of enforcement action taken, the amount of the penalty, the location and any comments regarding the enforcement action are provided.